Thursday 28 April 2011

If I Had A Hammer, A Hammer In The Morning Or Should It Be..STOP! HAMMER TIME!!!!!

Wow.... I promised it'd be here and it is.


Now normally I don't do reviews for things just out at the flicks (Yes I review things that have been out for maybe a few weeks but this is the first one of something I've seen the day it's out!), but this deserved a Vader Wink review.

"Why?" I hear you ask, well let me tell you people, this rocks!!

We all know by now my feelings on comic book films and this....well this was amazing.

I'll admit as I was sat in the cinema on twitter, I turned to my lovely lady and said to her, "I'm not sure I'm going to like this, I'm not a fan of Thor" to which she replied "Behave, you know you will!!" She's not often right you know, but  this time she was right and more. Just so you know she only came because after asking me about it the other night I pulled up a picture of Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

The problem with this? It happened to be this picture...


When she finally finished drooling 10 minutes later she agreed to go!!

So after agreeing we'd go, on Wednesday we arrived at the cinema, I pulled out the ol' iPhone with my "Orange Wednesday" App on it (hahaha and I'm on o2 muhahahahaha" and paid the lady, jeez how expensive is it for the cinema nowadays. Sometimes I wished I still worked at the cinema, then I'd get 15% off my booze and 25% off the popcorn and.....

Sorry about that..... errmm where was I? Ahh yes, so we bought the popcorn and drink and nachos (it was breakfast and dinner all rolled into one!!), and took our seats. Lights went down and we were treated to the trailers. Now I'm one of these people that loves the trailers, it's sometimes the best bit but I can honestly say I don't remember many of them from yesterday just the one (BTW you MUST watch Attack The Block when it comes out, Aliens Vs. Chavs....YES PLEASE!!!!)

The 3d glasses went on and it started. First things first though the 3d in this is fantastic, the depth it shows in Asgard is just delightful and when Mjölnir (That'd be the hammer for the uninitiated of you!) goes flyting through the air there were a few gasps. Ok so these gasps were by the fat guy with the Thor T-shirt on 5 rows back but still!

So, the story. Well it's about Thor, The God of Thunder from Norse mythology, who is rather big headed and cocksure. He's about to be given the throne by his father Odin over his brother Loki (The God of Mischief) when there's a attack in a sort of trophy room. Thor sees this as a sign of war and without asking goes charging into battle with his friends, Sif and The Warriors Three. Well things go kinda tits up and it ends with Odin casting Thor out of Asgard and throwing Mjölnir after him telling it it shall only be used by somewhere worthy of it. Thor ends up on Earth where he is found by Jane Foster (Geek Alert #1) and her team studying wormholes and the such. This is where a lot of the humour comes, usually involving Thor having to get used to the fact he is only human and no longer a God (try not to laugh when Thor is in hospital and just after he leaves it!). The group take Thor back with them where they get him cleaned up, dress him (Geek Alert #2) and feed him. The film is then about Thor trying to get his hammer back (if you know what you're looking for here it's Geek Alert #3, hint for you, man with bow!) and Jane trying to figure out where he has come from.Yes it rather follows a generic formula (man is good, does bad, learns compassion, becomes good etc etc etc), but it is really good fun!!

Really though, you know deep down that this is just a set up film, ready for next years The Avengers (which I imagine Captain America will be the same!) but that doesn't stop it being immensely good.

What I will say to you though, please if you've ever seen a Marvel film before from Iron Man onwards, you know that you have to stay to the end of the credits (which run a good 5 mins or so!) as there's a little tidbit at the end which you'll love if you know anything about The Avengers.

It's that time though Ladies and Gents time for the Vade......

What? Shit you're kidding me?

You're not?

Guess I better had then....

Sorry almost forgot about that then...so yes Vader Winks time.

Well you should know by now I'm a big massive geek when it comes to these things so I have to judge this with my head not my heart....

Ahh you know what, I don't care it's my site and I'll do what I want so there ner ner na nerr nerrrrrr..

Grow up Vader......So yeah I'm gonna give this 4 VADER WINKS!!!!

It's not a classic by any means as you know this is just leading to something bigger and better next year but it could have been a really bad film, luckily for us it isn't, try to catch it you'll enjoy it I promise!

So there we have it, a rather strange review of the my whole experience I think, keep just to the films in future Vader I hear you cry, well maybe. What I am going to leave you with though is this....They started on Tuesday and this came with the press release....Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment