Monday 31 January 2011

Dinner For Schmucks? Tea For Dicks more like.......




I did it

I sat through yet another Steve Carell film that I just didn't find as hilarious as people like to make out. Maybe it's just me but I don't get it....I'll admit I don't mind watching The Office with him in it but almost everything else....no thanks! As always guys and gals here's the trailer.


Don't worry, I'm not gonna spend the next 200 words (nobody count please!!!) bashing him as sometimes, for example Anchorman, they guy is funny but the majority of the time....UGHHHH.

Let's get onto why we are here though, the film itself. Yes, as I said, I didn't find it piss yourself wet through whilst screaming like a hyena hilarious, but there are certain parts that had me laughing. Anything involving stuffed animals will get a titter out of you, that I promise. Another saving grace of the film is Paul Rudd. This guy has constantly put in great performances in everything from his stint in "Friends", through to "I Love You, Man". He's the everyman character that you just can't seem to not like. Even in this where you feel you really shouldn't like him, his personality shines through and by the end, you'll be on his side.

The bad parts....man David Walliams. Little Britain isn't too bad but jeez everytime he was on screen I wanted to smack living bejesus outta him! And Lucy Punch........damn, the name suits her. How anyone could cast her in the role of a sex mad "hottie" I would never know. Look at her.....
Her name suggests that somebody probably did punch her, quite a few times.

Ok,Ok, I know, a tiny bit harsh as she's not that bad an actress and I guess on second look at her in the film....
She's not that bad, and if the picture she sends in the film is hers, well I'll take it all back!!!!

Anyways everyone's favourite part of the blog, the wink time. Like I've said not a great film, but not a bad one either so on that note I'll award "Dinner For Schmucks"

2 VADER WINKS!!!!

And one of those is just because Paul Rudd is involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment