Thursday 3 March 2011

And The Oscar Goes To......

So here we are a few days removed from the announcement of who won what and why, the dust is settling and we can judge whether the academy was right or not. Shit, I knew I should have done a prediction article to show how amazing I am at guessing things.....ahh well nothing we can do now, or is there muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Ahh why lie, I can't so let's get onto it. I'm not gonna bore you with the awards we don't care about, we'll look at the ones the majority of people care about.....

Off......We.....Gooooooooooooo
BEST PICTURE

AND THE NOMINEE'S ARE...

BLACK SWAN
THE FIGHTER
INCEPTION
THE KID'S ARE ALRIGHT
THE KINGS SPEECH
127 HOURS
THE SOCIAL NETWORK
TOY STORY 3
TRUE GRIT
WINTER'S BONE

AND THE ACTUAL WINNER IS.....

THE KING'S SPEECH


Wow.....Nobody saw that one coming did they....oh you did? It must have been one of the worst kept secrets of this years Oscars. Everyone on both sides of the Atlantic have gone mental for this and it's hard not to see why! Admittedly this isn't my cup of tea, more that of my folks (yes incase you are wondering, they love it!), but each to their own. Might have to venture down to the flicks and watc.......ahh I'll wait till it's out on DVD

WHAT SHOULD HAVE WON.....

127 HOURS / TOY STORY 3

Ahh now these 2 are not only 2 of the best films of the past year in my opinion but could easily be 2 of the greatest films I've ever watched! I mean you all know my theories on 127 Hours, I've yet to share how much Toy Story 3 got to me (that's incoming as well, as it also answers a previous question I've asked on the site!!) It's a fantastic film and I'll be honest, it's the closest an animated movie will ever come to the big prize.

BEST DIRECTOR

AND THE NOMINEE'S ARE...

DARREN ARONOFSKY - BLACK SWAN
DAVID O. RUSSELL - THE FIGHTER
TOM HOOPER - THE KING'S SPEECH
DAVID FINCHER - THE SOCIAL NETWORK
JOEL + ETHAN COEN - TRUE GRIT

AND THE ACTUAL WINNER IS.....


TOM HOOPER FOR THE KING'S SPEECH


Well 2 for 2 so far for The King's Speech. Again I can't really comment as I haven't seen the film (SHOCK!), but from the clips I have seen it looks a sound choice. Hooper looks like he's drawn some fantastic performances from his leads and created a film that chronicles a rather interesting part of the Royal Family's life.

WHAT SHOULD HAVE WON.....
DARREN ARONOFSKY FOR BLACK SWAN

Why I hear you ask? He gets Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis to shag, do i need to say anymore? Ahh ok...He also makes ballet seem interesting, is it horror or something else? Watch it and you tell me!

Oh and god,do they shag!!

BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

AND THE NOMINEE'S ARE...

AMY ADAMS - THE FIGHTER
HELENA BONHAM CARTER - THE KING'S SPEECH
MELISSA LEO - THE KING'S SPEECH
HAILEE STEINFELD - TRUE GRIT
JACKI WEAVER - ANIMAL KINGDOM

AND THE ACTUAL WINNER IS.....

MELISSA LEO FOR THE FIGHTER

Ok, so The King's Speech finally doesn't win one!!! Admittedly on second viewing, Melissa playing Alice Ward, mother of Micky and Dicky, does fantastically well portraying a woman fighting to keep her family together whilst chasing her own dreams of making money off her boys. A worthy winner in fact, I don't think I can argue with this one.....What I will say is though Hailee Steinfeld deserves an extra special mention as she does fantastically well in True Grit (which is a cracker, check it out!!!), She's got an amazing career ahead of her you've heard it here first Vaderites!

WHAT SHOULD HAVE WON.....

I'm sticking with the Academy's choice!!! Can't see it happening too often in this article haha!

There's that for you guys to have a look at, argue over, whatever you like really!!!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment