Friday 14 January 2011

DARE you see SAW....well there isn't a park around here so....meh


Well my loyal 5 viewers (yes we have a few now!!), as you'll soon learn I'm a massive horror fan! Nothing much can shock me and sure as hell nothing can scare me. I remember it like it was yesterday, walking to the cinema one cold day in October and seeing a massive billboard poster stating, "DARE YOU SEE SAW?". Well after the initial laughter as that statement I did a little digging and found out it was a brand new, rather low budget horror film set in a bathroom. What can I say I was interested!


WOW 2004?? Shit......

Ahem anyways, so yeah one dark night my interest got the better of me and off I went using my cast pass (I was cheap and worked at the cinema),

"2 Tickets please mate"
"Why you wanna see that shit?"
"It looks great"
"Dare you see SAW? Piss off mate, It aint set in a park!"
"err yeah ok give me the tickets man!"

Yep it had only just been released and it was getting ridiculed (something that still happens). So I sat there and watched and 103 mins later I came out of the small screen bleary eyed and in amazement how such a little film could ask so many questions!
Who's Jigsaw? (don't worry it is answered in the final few mins!!)
Why are they in a bathroom?
and etc etc etc.
But wow it had everything, a story, a twist, great acting, great shots, proper suspense and good deal of dread thrown in! Luckily for me and the rest of us "hardcore Saw-ites" they threw out another 6 films in 6 years which concluded in last years SAW 3D a triumphant return and finish(??) to a classic modern horror series!
You may ask, "6 in 6 years? hmmm" and yes I can see where you're coming from but the fact is the majority of them were great films, and every single one added something to them, a little piece of information you'd have to store away for a year in anticipation for the following October in the hope it would help solve the bigger picture. And in the end it did, it was all worthwhile when leaving the screen in October 2010 with a huge smile on my face, knowing that the series had been done justice and I was right ALL ALONG!!

Honestly try to see it if you haven't, I know you'll be pleasantly surprised, and you never know, you might join us!!

5 VADER WINKS!!!

Such a classic horror film proving you don't need millions and a demon or zombie or a boogeyman to scare people! My last thing on this film is that the music used during the reveal at the end of every film is amazing check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment