Monday 17 January 2011

Those phones work anywhere......


First things first, a round of applause for this poster guys! Does it get any better than this?! Talk about a throwback in Hitchcockian terms, it reminds me so much of the poster for Vertigo.

So, as always lets give you all a quick look at the trailer for this flick and tell me you don't feel the same thing as I did,


Yep, you've got it, DREAD! I mean I'm not claustrophobic, not in the slightest, but man did this mess with my mind!

So let's get to the nitty gritty, it concerns Paul Conroy (a fantastic Ryan Reynolds), a contractor working in Iraq who wakes up in a coffin with a lighter and phone nothing much more. For the next 90+ minutes we we're with him as he makes frantic phone calls to pretty much, the most useless "official" people ever committed to film. I mean they were as much use as a teapot made out of chocolate, yes that useless!

I'm not going to go into much more detail as the film works on so many levels for such a simplistic idea, it's a must see. The fact Reynolds is the only person on screen (apart from a few phone videos) the whole time adds to the emotional weight and throw in the ending which plays all the right strings with you, I challenge you to not like this film!

I've noticed a common theme so far in our early lives together, a lot of the films I've reviewed have been rewarded with high Vader Winks and this one joins that club. Boring I know, but trust me this film is up there with The Shawshank Redemptions of this world, it's THAT good.

5 VADER WINKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment